Monday, March 30, 2009

Things Still Work!

After months of succumbing to an overgrowth of cobwebs, the creative, writerly part of my brain is beginning to stretch and bat away the dust and arachnids. Three times yesterday, while reading an awful chapter about GDP and MPC/S (economic terms that make my head spin), I got story ideas. Granted I don't remember the full scope of them now because I foolishly did not write them down, but not only am I happy that things still work, I'm really happy that I'm coming up with different ideas. I really feel like this time off and exposure to new subjects has helped me grow (up) as a writer. I'm contemplating stories and genres I hadn't before and maybe...just maybe, I'll finally find the right kind of story to write when I start up again. Can't wait to find out!

1 comment:

  1. Whoot Sally! You know I am rooting for you and will continue to do so until I have a completed wip of yours to read. (Actually, I will root for you long after that, but if I have to threaten you... well so be it!)

    ReplyDelete