Thursday, April 9, 2009

Potpourri

I've got a hodgepodge of things to chat about today, so I'm just gonna blip them all, 'kay? :)

First, my son did not make the Little League team. Not sure what I think about it. I mean, he has a lot to learn and is just barely old enough. Most kids his age (around here anyhow) don't make the team on their first attempt. I'm perfectly cool with that. However, I am not cool with the fact that two boys who are related to the coach, from another district, and also only showed up to one of the two tryout days made the team over local kids who were there for both days. Also, even worse...the coach put a kid on the team who never even tried out, is from freaking Florida, and won't be here until the summer. He's apparently a cousin of another player. Tell me how that's fair, eh?

Second, Jeannie Ruesch is Author of the Month at the Girls on Books. You can check her out on Fridays for the next few weeks. Oh, and her website is beautiful. Go check it out.

If you haven't seen the new Blaze authors blog, you should. Of course, you might not be as tickled as I am, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. And they have a really awesome contest to kick things off. Books, books, and more books.

As I'm sure y'all know, Easter's this weekend and, grrrr, I'm really pissed at myself. I vowed to not get too carried away this year, because we just go too overboard on the whole bunny/baskets thing (as we pretty much do with every holiday). Well, suffice to say, I'll have to try again next year, because we spent a ridiculous amount of money on crap tonight. Yes, I could have said 'no' to a lot of the things the hubster threw into the cart, but alas I did not. Whatever happen to a package of jacks or a jumprope and a handful or two of candy? Gah.

We are now the proud owners of a new camper. Go us. Not so sure what I think of this either. Yep, I'm gonna love the convenience and, yep, I'm gonna love all the space (we upgraded from a tiny pop-up that the five of us fit into like sardines), but I'm not gonna love the monthly payment to the in-laws (we're buying it from them as they just bought a new one and my savings is pretty much frozen until all the house-buying shenanigans are over).

And I think that's all, folks. Nothing exciting for you, but lots of drama for me. I just love this time of the year... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment