Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let’s Try This Again

A few months back on my other blog, I tried to set weekly goals for myself, but, much like with New Year's resolutions, I gave up after a week. Well, part of this transformation I'm hoping to make requires me to set specific goals and actually keep them, if you can believe it. J So, that in mind, I'm giving it another go round. Except instead of posting them mid-week, I'm going to post on Sunday. This may very well change once the new semester begins in a couple weeks, because unfortunately my life tends to revolve around school when it's in session.

Anyhow, these are my goals for this week:

  • Read to the halfway mark in East of Eden. This would be to page 310 and is 254 pages away. Yikes. But it's gotta be done since the book is due back at the library soon. (So are three others I've yet to open the cover on, but I'll worry about them later.) NOPE...CLOSE, BUT NO CIGAR
  • Read half of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. This is my second ever self-help-like book. The first was something by Oprah, but since my butt is still huge, I obviously didn't take much away from it. Hopefully this one will be different. Oh, and I'm not counting the books about dealing with unruly children either—I've read more of them then I care to admit since they didn't do a lick of good. NOPE
  • Read/crit story for Moira. READ, BUT NOT COMPLETELY CRITTED
  • Write at least 500 words every day. Nope, not a steep goal and not a very productive one either, but it's realistic with all that'll be going on this week. CHECK...KINDA. I WROTE EQUIVALENT OF MORE THAN 500 A DAY, BUT DID NOT WRITE EVERY DAY
  • Write my review for TGOB as my alter-ego Jolie before Friday morning. Which should be easy since I read that book yesterday. Woohoo! Go me! CHECK!
  • And last, but not least… Clean, bake (didn't do a thing this weekend), finish shopping, and wrap gifts. Preferably before Wednesday night. CHECK!

So, that's what I'll be chipping away at. What do you have going this week other than the holiday mumbo-jumbo?

No comments:

Post a Comment